Now in it’s 11th year, Paddle Camp is designed for kids ages 8-to-14. All paddle camp activities will take place from the Collingwood Dragon Boat and Canoe Club boathouse (Watts Boathouse), located on Heritage Drive (Collingwood Spit) in front of the grain terminals. For 2017, Paddle Camp begins July 4 and ends August 25. Camp hours are from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Register your child and their friends early to avoid disappointment. Paddle Camp is extremely popular and many weeks are fully subscribed early.
No previous paddling experience is necessary but every participant must be a competent swimmer. Campers will be wearing their Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) at all times when on the water or the docks, but they must be comfortable in the in the event they tip their boat over.
- Learn how to safely paddle a recreational canoe and kayak.
- Be introduced to sprint canoeing, kayaking, dragon boat and war canoe racing.
- Swim and be in the water – a lot!
- Play various on-water games to enhance paddling skills.
- Paddle to Harbour View and Sunset Point Parks and play-fields.
- Explore the Black Ash Creek.
- Participate in fun competitions throughout the week.
- Meet other kids and have lots of fun!
Every child who attends Paddle Camp becomes a member of the CDBCC and can paddle throughout the season during CDBCC “Open Paddle” hours.
If you are looking for an active, healthy and fun day camp experience for your children, register them for the CDBCC Paddle Camp.